Trophyville, USA

Stomping Yankee fans in the City of Champions

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Fire Borges Campaign

This morning, BSMW and coldhardfootballfacts started a joint effort to get Ron Borges fired. they initiated an email writing campaign to various Globe bigwigs and other interested parties. I don't think it will succeed, but I do find it funny and I joined with everyone to send out this email:

I’m writing today to demand that the Boston Globe fire
sports writer Ron Borges, or at the very least remove
him from the football beat.

Borges has failed for many years to properly serve
Boston Globe readers. But he crossed the line last
week when, on ESPN Radio Boston, he admitted his
personal disdain for New England Patriots coach Bill
Belichick. Borges then alleged some sort of personal
or professional impropriety by the coach, and then
refused to divulge his information.

His agenda-driven reporting is far below the standards
of the Boston Globe. His hostile attitude toward the
New England Patriots, its management, its coaching
staff and its fans does a great disservice to Globe
readers.

For a full list of his transgressions, visit:
BostonSportsMedia.com
(http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com)
ColdHardFootballFacts.com
(http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com)

Thank you for your time and consideration.
I received this response from JT Sullivan, The Globe Sports Editor.

Ron Borges is one of the best football writers in the country. As the
author of "On Football" stories in the Globe, he's paid to have an
opinion. One of his most recent opinions was that Bill Belichick should be the
NFL's Coach of the Year. In past stories he has written that as a member of
the Pro Football Hall of Fame selection committee, he will lead the effort
for Belichick's induction when the time comes. I see no bias in his work at
the Globe.

Joe Sullivan
Sports Editor
Apparently, having the opinion that Belichick should be the Coach of the Year or in the Hall of Fame negates the other arguments made against Borges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home