Conference Prediction
This is copied verbatim from an email I sent today:
Seattle to me is a WEAK WEAK team. they played one of the softest schedules i can remember outside of indy's past few schedules. If i am correct, they beat the Rams, 49ers, and Cardinals, 2x each. They beat Houston, Philly, Tennesee, and a resting for the playoffs Colts. They got manhandled by Jacksonville, lost to Washington. Shaun Alexander is the most overrated back in the NFL. That all being said, they still COULD beat the Panthers, since the Panthers have randomly sucked at times this year, especially since Seattle is at home. At the same time, Seattle's going to lean on an ineffective and probably more so because of concussion Alexander as well as having all those problems with the law and an inordinate amount of pressure. I gotta go with the Panthers, having the base talent/schemes to beat anyone, on a roll, and playoff experience with little pressure.
I also fear the Steeltown ride is over. I am rooting for them to upset the Broncos, but this team has been inconsistent and unimpressive all year. Beating Minnesota, Cleveland, and Detroit to end the year was not impressive to me. Beating a Carson Palmer-less Bengals is not impressive. Barely beating a rusty Colts team was impressive, but not impressive enough that I have to think they will defeat the Broncos. Perhaps if what the Steelers did against the Colts could be adapted to the Broncos, but its a completely different team Pittsburgh is playing. I have to say that a Denver who has beaten San Diego twice, Jacksonville, New England twice, and Kansas City should win at home. And you have to give the ultimate edge to playing in Denver. Many people consider it the greatest home field advantage in sports with the thin air and rabid crowd. They're undefeated at home this year and I don't think it's going to change.
Super Bowl XL
vs. 
What could have been:

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home