US Open
I know, I'm diverging from the Sox/Pats monopoly on Boston Sports here but these things have to be said:
One of the best tennis matches I've seen last night. Agassi was playing with pure emotion in his possible final match. Agassi was ripping great grounders, hustling to get to every drop shot, and dropping in some crazy spinning drop shots of his own. Meanwhile, Baghdatis was ripping aces and winners left and right. The crowd was the most fired up I've ever seen for a tennis match. They were hard pressed to remain politely quiet at the traditional moments. They would even cheer when Baghdatis would fault on his first serve. I ended up feeling badly for Baghdatis. It seemed as though it was him against Agassi and 22,000 people. They even started booing him when he valiantly fought through late match cramping. In any case, Agassi finally won 7-5 in the fifth and Baghdatis won the crowd (and myself) over with his humility and classy post-match statements.
| | |
| |
Federer just hit a crazy ass volley return from between his legs. Henman was so amazed that he let the next passing shot go and then looked up at the video screen for the replay.

1 Comments:
pky
completely agree. that agassi match was must see tv last night. it was absolutely amazing. i thought it was going to be cake for agassi when baghdatis got cramps in both his legs. and then he continued to play out of his mind, until agassi really started running him all over the court. incredibly impressive play from baghdatis, who clearly is a gamer.
Post a Comment
<< Home