Trophyville, USA

Stomping Yankee fans in the City of Champions

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

branch situation

i was going to make a big post about my thoughts on deion, but ep beat me to it, and I echo most of his comments. Unlike ep though, I hope deion has a crappy year, despite his doing this in a business like fashion. I certainly understand why he did it. but I'm not in the game, so i dont need to be all that objective. I'm a Patriots fan, so now that he's no longer a Patriot, I hope he realizes what he's missing out on. That said, the Seahawks are in a joke of a conference, and will likely make the playoffs, which only reduces the 1st round pick. it's ok I guess. let's hope the seahawks suck as they always do. let's be honest- last year was a fluke for them. alexander wont have a monster year like last year because people are going to be gunning for him. it looks like Detroit was just the first in a long time of teams who're gonna figure them out.

so all in all, the trade was a good idea because come week 10, they wouldnt have played branch anyway who would have been out of shape, out of game shape, and not that effective. they would have sat him out the rest of the season, put him on IR, or whatever. point being, it would have been 100% loss. this way, at least they maximize their return on the seahawks overreaction.

i cant stand how everyone says that hasselbeck is a good qb. he's really not that great. shaun alexander carried their team last year, which allowed hasselbeck to do things he otherwise could not have done. tom brady is great. with no RBs, brady can carry the team to super bowl wins. hasselbeck with a great RB cannot. there is no case for thinking he's a good qb. he's serviceable. i wouldnt want him on my team.

one last thing: i'm starting to really dislike fantasy sports. they whorify everything. people think hasselbeck is a good qb because he gets fantasy points. F fantasy points. i'm so sick of this crap- people rooting for crappy teams and low class players just because they're on their fantasy teams. it's ultimate bullshit. i want to root for classy hardcore athletes who go above and beyond to help their teams win. that's what i want to watch, that's what i want to root for. not freaking gay boy TO because he's on my team. TO's a bitch. always was, always will be.

that said, i better win my fantasy leagues this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home